WWF WRESTLEFEST - ARCADE MACHINE HISTORY
WWF WrestleFest is a classic arcade fighting game developed and published by Technos Japan in 1991. The game features various popular wrestlers from the World Wrestling Federation (now known as World Wrestling Entertainment) and allows players to engage in fast-paced, action-packed matches.
WWF WrestleFest's gameplay allows players to choose from various wrestlers and engage in matches against the computer or other players. The matches take place in a wrestling ring and feature a variety of moves, including strikes, grapples, and aerial attacks.
Players can also perform signature moves and finishers unique to each wrestler, adding a level of excitement and authenticity to the matches. The game features both single-player and multiplayer modes, allowing players to compete against the computer or against other players in local multiplayer matches.
WWF WrestleFest was released in arcades in 1991 and quickly became a popular game among wrestling fans. The game's roster featured many popular wrestlers of the time, including Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, and Jake "The Snake" Roberts, adding to its appeal.
The game was praised for its graphics, sound, and gameplay, and was seen as an improvement over Technos Japan's previous wrestling game, WWF Superstars. WWF WrestleFest also served as a precursor to later wrestling games, such as the WWE 2K series.
WWF WrestleFest's popularity led to its release on various home consoles, including the Sega Genesis and the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). These versions allowed players to enjoy the game from the comfort of their own homes and provided a wider audience for the game.
Today, WWF WrestleFest is considered a classic arcade game and is still enjoyed by retro gaming enthusiasts. Its influence can be seen in modern wrestling games, which continue to feature popular wrestlers and fast-paced, action-packed gameplay.
Overall, WWF WrestleFest's impact on the wrestling and gaming industries cannot be overstated. Its fun gameplay, impressive roster of wrestlers, and enduring legacy make it a classic arcade game that will continue to be enjoyed for years to come.
WWF WrestleFest features a roster of various popular wrestlers from the time of its release. Each wrestler has their own unique moves, abilities, and stats, making them different from one another. Here is a more detailed description of each character:
- Hulk Hogan - One of the most iconic wrestlers of all time, Hogan is known for his signature moves such as the leg drop and the atomic drop. In WWF WrestleFest, Hogan is a powerful wrestler with high strength and endurance. He can perform moves such as the body slam, big boot, and the running clothesline.
- The Ultimate Warrior - Another popular wrestler, The Ultimate Warrior is known for his high-energy performances and signature moves such as the flying shoulder tackle and the gorilla press slam. In WWF WrestleFest, The Ultimate Warrior is a fast and agile wrestler with high stamina. He can perform moves such as the running splash, clothesline, and the Warrior Press.
- Randy "Macho Man" Savage - Known for his flashy style and signature move, the elbow drop, Savage is a fan favorite. In WWF WrestleFest, Savage is a skilled wrestler with balanced stats in strength, speed, and endurance. He can perform moves such as the diving elbow drop, running knee lift, and the scoop slam.
- The Big Boss Man - A former prison guard turned wrestler, The Big Boss Man is known for his intimidating size and strength. In WWF WrestleFest, The Big Boss Man is a powerful wrestler with high defense and endurance. He can perform moves such as the sidewalk slam, running clothesline, and the Boss Man Slam.
- Mr. Perfect - Known for his technical wrestling skills and his "Perfect Plex" finisher, Mr. Perfect is a skilled wrestler. In WWF WrestleFest, Mr. Perfect is a well-rounded wrestler with balanced stats in strength, speed, and endurance. He can perform moves such as the back suplex, running neck snap, and the Perfect Plex.
- Demolition - A tag team consisting of Ax and Smash, Demolition is known for their brutal style and signature move, the Demolition Decapitation. In WWF WrestleFest, Demolition is a powerful tag team with high strength and endurance. They can perform moves such as the double clothesline, the Demolition Decapitation, and the Demolition Axe Handle.
Each character in WWF WrestleFest is unique and has their own strengths and weaknesses. Players can choose their favorite wrestler and compete against the computer or against other players in local multiplayer matches. With its fun gameplay and iconic roster of wrestlers, WWF WrestleFest remains a classic arcade game that is still enjoyed by retro gaming enthusiasts today.
Main Characters Special Moves and Combinations
- Hulk Hogan - Hulk Hogan's special moves include the Atomic Drop, Leg Drop, and Running Clothesline. His combination moves include the Body Slam, Big Boot, and the Running Powerslam.
- The Ultimate Warrior - The Ultimate Warrior's special moves include the Gorilla Press Slam, Flying Shoulder Tackle, and Warrior Press. His combination moves include the Military Press Slam, Running Splash, and the Running Clothesline.
- Randy "Macho Man" Savage - Randy Savage's special moves include the Flying Elbow Drop, Diving Crossbody, and the Double Ax Handle. His combination moves include the Back Elbow, Running Knee Lift, and the Scoop Slam.
- The Big Boss Man - The Big Boss Man's special moves include the Boss Man Slam, Sidewalk Slam, and Running Clothesline. His combination moves include the Piledriver, the Powerslam, and the Big Boot.
- Mr. Perfect - Mr. Perfect's special moves include the Perfect Plex, Back Suplex, and Running Neck Snap. His combination moves include the Snap Mare, Rolling Neck Snap, and the Perfect Knee Lift.
- Demolition - Demolition's special moves include the Demolition Decapitation, Demolition Axe Handle, and the Double Clothesline. Their combination moves include the Demolition Elbow, Demolition Smash, and the Demolition Suplex.
Each character in WWF WrestleFest has their own unique moves and combinations, adding to the game's excitement and authenticity. Players can choose their favorite wrestler and compete against the computer or against other players in local multiplayer matches, utilizing their character's special moves and combinations to gain an edge over their opponents.
Overall, the special moves and combinations in WWF WrestleFest add a layer of strategy and depth to the game, making it a classic arcade game that is still enjoyed by retro gaming enthusiasts today.
Game Settings in WWF WrestleFest
WWF WrestleFest is a classic arcade fighting game that features a set of game settings that can be adjusted by the player or arcade operator. Some of the game settings found in WWF WrestleFest include:
- Difficulty Level - This setting determines the overall difficulty of the game. WWF WrestleFest features three difficulty levels to choose from: Easy, Medium, and Hard.
- Number of Players - This setting determines the number of players that can participate in a game. WWF WrestleFest can be played as a one-player game or a two-player game.
- Number of Rounds per Match - This setting determines the number of rounds that each match consists of. WWF WrestleFest features one-round matches, two-round matches, or three-round matches.
- Time Limit per Round - This setting determines the length of each round in the game. WWF WrestleFest features a time limit of 30 seconds per round, although this can be adjusted by the arcade operator.
- Control Settings - This setting determines the control scheme for the game. WWF WrestleFest features two control settings: the standard control setting and the "Button Mash" control setting, which allows players to perform special moves more easily by rapidly pressing the attack button.
In addition to these game settings, WWF WrestleFest features a tag team mode, where players can choose two characters to form a tag team and compete against other tag teams. This mode adds an extra layer of strategy and depth to the game, as players must coordinate their moves and strategies with their tag team partner in order to win matches.
Overall, the game settings in WWF WrestleFest allow players and arcade operators to customize the game experience to their preferences. With its fun gameplay, iconic roster of wrestlers, and customizable game settings, WWF WrestleFest remains a classic arcade game that is still enjoyed by retro gaming enthusiasts today.
Arcade Locations for WWF WrestleFest
The game was primarily found in arcades and video game stores during its initial release. It was often found alongside other popular arcade games of the time, such as Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat.
WWF WrestleFest was also later released for home consoles such as the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and the Sega Genesis, but its original release was as an arcade game.
Today, while the game is no longer in active production and is no longer found in most arcades, it remains a classic and is still enjoyed by retro gaming enthusiasts around the world. It can still be found in some retro arcades and game stores, as well as online through emulation and arcade game collections.
WWF WrestleFest Arcade Tips and Tricks
- Learn your character's moves - Each character in WWF WrestleFest has their own unique moves and abilities. Take some time to practice with each character and learn their moves so you can utilize them effectively during matches.
- Coordinate with your tag team partner - In tag team mode, it's important to coordinate with your partner to execute combination moves and strategies. Communication is key to winning matches in this mode.
- Watch your opponent's movements - Pay attention to your opponent's movements and anticipate their attacks. This will allow you to dodge and counter their moves, giving you an advantage in the match.
- Use the environment to your advantage - The game's environments can be used to your advantage. For example, you can throw your opponent into the turnbuckle or use the ropes to bounce off and perform an attack.
- Save your special moves for crucial moments - Each character has a special move that can deal a lot of damage to opponents. Save these moves for crucial moments, such as when your opponent is low on health or when you need to turn the tide of the match.
- Don't be afraid to experiment - Try out different characters and strategies to find what works best for you. Don't be afraid to experiment and try new things to improve your gameplay.